Transportation in Knoxville
Getting to and from McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS)
Hotel shuttle service for Hilton is not available. However, arriving passengers will find a variety of transportation options to get you from the airport to the hotel, ranging from airport taxis to ride shares to rental cars.
The following taxi services are licensed to do business at TYS.
- 1-n-Only Airport Taxi
- A-1/Cloud Nine
- AAA Taxi
- Airport Yellow Cab
- All Access Taxi
- Benchmark Taxi
- Blount Taxi
- Connections Taxi
- Discount Taxi
- Go Taxi
- Gold Cab
- Gotcha Covered
- International Taxi
- Lightning Taxi
- Nation Taxi
- OB’s Taxi
- Paradise Taxi
- Platinum Taxi
- Royal Taxi
- Smith Taxi
- Sunday Taxi
- United Airport Taxi
Ride Sharing Services:
TYS now offers ride sharing via UBER or Lyft.
Rental Car Services:
Obtaining a rental car is easy at TYS. Each of the seven rental car companies operating here are located on airport property. You can find these companies near baggage claim.
Getting around Knoxville
A sampling of taxi companies in Knoxville include the following:
- Big Orange Express | (865) 694-8979
- West Side Taxi | (865) 523-3400
- A Negotiable Taxi | (865) 384-8601
- College Cab | (865) 523-2537
- Odyssey Airport Taxi | (865) 577-6767
- Yellow Cab | (865) 523-5151
Knoxville's downtown area also has a free trolley line. There are three trolley routes that serve the downtown and UT area:
- The Green Line: runs Mon.-Thur., 7:00 am -8:00 pm, Fri., 7:00 am -10:00 pm, and Sat., 9:00 am -10:00 pm Downtown Loop extension (providing service to Summit Towers) runs hourly from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (Every 10 minutes) Downtown Loop extension (providing service to Summit Towers) runs hourly from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- The Blue Line, runs Mon.-Thur., 7:00 am -8:00 pm, Fri., 7:00 am to 10:00 pm and Sat., 9:00 am to 10:00 pm (Every 7 minutes on Mon.-Fri., every 15 minutes on Sat.)
- The Orange Line, runs Mon.-Thur., 7:00 am -8:00 pm, Fri., 7:00 am to 10:00 pm and Sat., 9:00 am to 10:00 pm (Every 15 minutes)
A complete map of the Trolley Lines is available at the KAT website:
Knoxville Area Transit (KAT) buses operate on fixed routes throughout the city of Knoxville.
Depending on the route, KAT typically operates from 6:00 am- 6:00 pm.
A complete map of Bus Schedules and Maps is available at the KAT website:
- Single-Ride Pass $1.50
- One-Day Pass $4.00
- Seven-Day Pass $15.00
To purchase a pass, please call (865) 215-7819.
Street parking in downtown Knoxville is free after 6 pm and free all day on weekends. Street parking is available along many of the streets in downtown Knoxville. The link below will take you to a Downtown Parking map.
Note: If you reserve a room at the Hilton, parking is included in your room rate at their onsite garage.
Public parking garages are also free after 6 pm and on weekends, but we must emphasize that this applies to only public parking garages. Three such garages are available:
- Locust St. Garage (Near the corner of Locust and Union)
- Market Square Garage (Near the intersection of Walnut and Union)
- State St. Garage (Near the corner of Clinch and State)
The Locust St. Garage is located only a block away from the Hilton and the Knoxville Convention Center.