APRVT Pre-Symposium Speakers and Topics - $100 earlybird/$125 starting June 1 - held at the Knoxville Convention Center on July 31, 2018.
To view the APRVT summit lecture schedule, click here.
The APRVT was created to increase public awareness of the role of veterinary rehabilitation in advanced medicine; to promote the advancement of credentialed rehabilitation veterinary technicians in veterinary medicine; to further the professional development of its members by encouraging the education of credentialed veterinary technicians in Veterinary Rehabilitation and to provide the leadership and resources in the United States of America for the advancement of Veterinary Rehabilitation.
- Plyometric Training in Dock Diving Dogs - John Nielsen, CVT, VTS (ECC), CVPP, CCRP
- Functional Anatomy - Muscles Used in Specific Sporting and Working Events and Effective Strengthening Exercises - Dawn Hickey, LVT, CCRP, CVPP
- Injury Prevention in Performance Dogs - Building Strength in Multiple Planes – John Nielsen, CVT, VTS (ECC), CVPP, CCRP
- Behavior and Physical Rehabilitation - Using Behavior Knowledge to Reinforce Rehabilitation Success for Technicians. - Dawn Hickey, LVT, CCRP, CVPP
- Client Education: It's Teachable! The Rules of Engagement: Tips for Improving Handler and Dog Interaction to Optimize Therapeutic Exercise Outcome. - Jenn Panko, RVT, CCRP, OCMC, CAPMC
- Complications in Physical Rehabilitation - Knowledge and Observational Skills Crucial to the Veterinary Technician. - Dawn Hickey, LVT, CCRP, CVPP
- Reversing their world: Improving body awareness in agility dogs. : John Nielsen, CVT, VTS (ECC), CVPP, CCRP
Please visit us at our APRVT booth in the exhibit hall August 1-3 to find our more about our Academy and the technician/nurse's opportunities in Canine Rehabilitation!
Continental breakfast will be provided before the start of the lectures and refreshments will be provided at all breaks. There are many options for lunch around the convention center. Add this track to your IAVRPT registration, or you can select our track on its own.
AARV/ACVSMR Summit - $125 - held July 31, 2018 at the Knoxville Convention Center in rooms 200 A, B, & C.
To view the AARV/ACVSMR summit lecture schedule, click here.
The American College of Veterinary Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation (ACVSMR) and the American Association of Rehabilitation Veterinarians (AARV) are proud to present an exciting day of continuing education at the World Veterinary Rehabilitation Summit hosted at the Knoxville Convention Center July 31, 2018. This international meeting will bring together veterinary professionals and other therapists practicing in the field of animal rehabilitation from around the world.
ACVSMR, as the specialist group representing the pinnacle of best practices in sports medicine and rehabilitation, has developed an exemplary lecture track which focuses on the science of sports medicine and rehabilitation for both the canine and equine athlete. The ACVSMR track will start the day of continuing education with the presentation of six scientific abstracts (3 canine and 3 equine). To close the morning session, Dr Hilary Clayton will be lecturing about the unique biomechanics of quadrupedal gait in dogs and horses. In the afternoon, the meeting will split into canine and equine sessions to focus on species-specific topics related to the canine and equine athlete.
AARV is an organization that supports the advancement of the field of animal rehabilitation by providing continuing education and sponsoring research. AARV’s morning lecture tract will consist of three scientific abstracts, and a panel discussion between a rehabilitation veterinarian, a rehabilitation technician, and a physical therapist, which will focus on each individual’s roles and various experiences in the field. The afternoon will be comprised of current literature about stem cells, tricks of the trade from a physical therapists perspective, using learning theory to improve rehabilitation, and geriatric rehabilitation.
Digital proceedings for both the ACVSMR and AARV lectures will be provided to all registrants of the track. Continental breakfast will be provided before the start of the lectures and refreshments will be provided at all breaks. There are many options for lunch around the convention center. Add this track to your IAVRPT registration, or you can select our track on its own.
Please note: Session topic and speaker are subject to change.