- Handicapped Accessible Taxi:
J & B Taxi Service, (423) 292-2775
- AMS Vans, (866) 941-8267
- Accessible Van Rentals: Wheelchair Getaways of Tennessee
Services all the major airports in the region including Knoxville, Chattanooga, the Tri-cities of Bristol, Kingsport, and Johnson City. All vehicles are wheelchair accessible, with either raised roofs or lowered floors and automatic ramps or lifts. Some of our handicapped accessible vans include hand controls, transfer seats and spinner knobs.
- LIFT service:
Knoxville's public transit system, KAT, offer Paratransit LIFT service for individuals who are unable to use regular fixed-route buses. The LIFT is by reservation only, and you must be certified by KAT to use the service.
Download a Lift Application
- Knoxville Greenways and Trails
- Throughout the city, there are paved greenways and trails. Some of the trails wind along the Tennessee River, while others explore the protected greenspaces of the city.
- Ashley Nicole Dream Playground
- In 2005, Ashley Nicole Dream Playground received the TN Recreation and Parks Association’s Best Facility Award.
- The Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Visitors can enjoy the mountains by driving through the terrain. Throughout the mountains, there are designated lookout spots to take in the magnificent view, too.
- Cades Cove
- Another popular Smoky Mountains destination, Cades Cove is an 11 mile, one-way loop. Visitors can enjoy the scenic drive or stop to view local wildlife, such as black bears and turkeys.